Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall 2011 Visit : Report #1

Report #1 October
I have been in Lviv Ukraine for 2 days so thought I should let you know about the good trip I had here and God’s goodness to me all the way.
I left Winnipeg at 8;55am on Sunday and made good time to Chicago. I was surprised to find out that I could take 2- 50lb bags for free, booked right through to Lviv.
We boarded our United 777 in good time but then found there was a problem with 4 toilets not working. Well after over an hour, they were fixed, having to get a part from another plane. I was booked to go from Frankfurt to Munich but would now miss the connection. Just before we left, a lady came on board and called my name. She had a new booking with Austrian Airlines into Vienna and then on to Lviv. We were then off on the 7 and a half hour trip to Frankfurt.
Everything went very well except I could not get a message to Flo in Lviv to say why I would not be on the plane she was expecting. I could not do it until I was in the Lviv airport and borrowed a ladies phone and called her. Ruslan and Flo picked me up within 10 minutes of my arrival. God is so Good.
               Yesterday we visited Lopaten, an orphanage of 125 children from 6-18 years old. We took enough shoes and boots to fit them all with what was needed. Flo had got most of these for $3.00 per pair. I then spoke to all the children and staff, they were very attentive and how wonderful to hear the whole crowd recite John 3:16 together.
               Today we visited a sister in the hospital who was very unwell and is worrying about her mentally challenged son at home alone. Her name is Lydia. I had met her in her village years ago but she remembered me, I could not remember her though. She had run out of medications and needed at least another 5 day of meds. She gave us the list and we went to the pharmacy in the hospital. The total came to 1332 Rhyvny or $175 Cdn. She would never be able to have bought these meds and we suppose she would just be turned out of the hospital and told to go home. A terrible situation to be sure.
               We shopped for some needed items and then came home to get ready for meeting tonight.
               Thank you for praying for my safe trip, I had great peace about it. Just a little stress about my credit card not working the phone at the airport to phone Flo, but it all worked out.

All for now.
Malcolm

No comments: