Saturday, July 13, 2013

Update from Dan

Sunday the 30th of June, from Dan.

Left Ivano in the morning to make our three hour trip to Lviv for the breaking of bread. While Eric and Margret were here we made this difficult trip for the van and for our bodies each Sunday. Always blessed in remembering our great King with his people! Then bid our farewells to both Eric and Margret for they will stay in Lviv a few more days before going back to Canada. It was good to see the desire that they had to reach out to the people. They were able to show care for the people’s physical needs and share the care that God has for their spiritual needs, may God by his grace bless these efforts!!
Made the 3 hour trip back to Ivano in time for our meeting, many were out to the meeting and was good to see Ruslan and his wife Anna out; they haven’t been out much due to work. Yaroslav and I spoke and all listened very well!

Monday) Visited one old lady named Halla. We visited here once the week before and Eric and Margret tried two other times but were unable to meet with her, we all were concerned if she was all right? She showed up at the meeting yesterday and we made plans to visit her today. She said she was in the hospital and just got out and apologised for missing the visits with Eric and Margret and thanked us for remembering her. She wanted to share her family story and so I listened. After some time I asked her about salvation and how would she make it into heaven? She said she will be in heaven by Jesus Christ! Having heard answers like I hope I’m good enough or I all most there, Halle’s answer was good to hear! Eric and Margret left some things to give her so we brought them and left them with her. I could only hope she understands her answer,” by Jesus Christ.”

Tuesday) Visited Oleg at his shop and had a good long talk with him about business, social topics and spiritual thoughts always good to try to be an encouragement and to be encouraged by Christian fellowship!
There was one young man at the meeting tonight that came in with one of the ladies and listened very carefully with his eyes wide open! Yaroslav and I spoke with a heavy focus on our sin condition before God.
The young lady in the mental institution was released from there today and was at the meeting also. After the meeting we talked with her. It’s good that she is out of that place and good to see her at the meeting; I hope she does well and continues to come to the meetings!

Wednesday) Paid a visit to Natalie the woman with MS. It was her birthday and Svetlana wanted to visit her on her birthday. Natalie turned 39 I think and had MS for 20 year now. Svetlana likes to visit her because with all that Natalie has gone through she still has a smile on her face and has a good attitude. She does claim to be a Christian and enjoys our time together when she has the strength for company. Then took Svetlana to the train station, she will be going to Kiev for an interview and will not be back until Friday.

Thursday) Took the van to get an alarm installed, left it at the shop and they said would take about three hours. I then called a young man that I met on Monday and had lunch with him. His name in Bogdan, he is 18 years old and has a desire to speak English. He asked many questions and started to talk about the Middle East situation and Bible topics about the end times. For such a young man, this was a surprise in his interest. We then went together to pick up the van and he helped try to explain some of the function of the new alarm, I then took him home and told him we will talk more when I get back from Lutsk. I came back to get ready for our Thursday meeting when I heard a knock at the door. A lady was pointing at the apartment across the hall but was not too sure what she wanted so I called Taras and ask if he could interpret what she was saying. Well it looks like the old man that lives in that apartment was found drunk lying in that street and this lady was a passerby and wanted to help. I went with her to the old man who recognized me, so I told him to sit on his walker and he did. He had that walker that was given to him from the shipments that come to us here. I was thankful for the walker having wheels, as he sat and I pushed him to the apartment and carried him inside. The poor man will die soon, I’m sure and hope he seeks for God before that day!

Meeting went well, just a few but the talk was good. Taras helped in the interpreting and then I took him home.

Friday) Met with Andrei at Solidarity and with his Peace Core volunteer. She is from America and will be in Ivano for two years working with Andrei. I then met with Tania who works at the children’s hospital and gave her some baby clothes to give to those in need.

Oleg called and said we have some boxes from Meest. A big thank you to those from Portage La Prairie and from Lance-au-Loup, Canada!!

I will be leaving tomorrow with a van load of people from Ivano to the Lutsk Conference for the week. Please pray for safety on the roads and for blessing at the conference, and continue to pray for God’s working in Ivano-Fankivsk,

Thank You!!
In Christ our Lord
Dan

No comments: