Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Heather Anderson #1 report from Ukraine 2017


Dear praying Friends.                                                              23 October 2017

 I am thankful to report that the Lord has given a safe journey to the Ukraine.  I arrived in Chicago first and then to Warsaw, Poland, and finally to L’viv, Ukraine on Thursday the 19th. 
I started getting a cold before leaving, so was also thankful the Lord gave me some much needed sleep along the way on the longest flight over the water, then I was thankful too that the flight to L’viv was very short.

Had a nice chat on the long flight with a Polish man next to me (as much as it was possible with me trying to speak with the wee bit of Ukrainian I know as he understood a little of it since it’s a little similar to Polish - a few words anyway). He took some gospel literature since his son is going to the University in L’viv Ukraine if I understood him correctly Hopefully his son will translate some of it to this man.

Also, there was a Jewish young man sitting one more seat over near the window. He seemed to be of the strict sort praying with phylacteries and everything! It was interesting to see him pull some of the things out of his bag and put them on in the morning and it looked as though he was praying, but the Lord knows. I prayed for an opportunity but he didn’t want the gospel tract I offered, but I was thankful he took a pocket calendar.. He spoke English and was from Chicago on his way back to a Jewish School in Israel. I have seen many Jewish people in the airports along the way. Oh how I wish I could share the gospel with each one of them.

A little side note while I was in the Chicago airport waiting to check in for my flight, there was a Korean man 
who comes in from the Chicago area, who was passing out gospel tracts. As he came to me I offered him a few gospel tracts as well and I think he was a bit surprised. He says he comes to the airport often to pass out tracts and I was amazed that the airport officials allow it, but that’s very encouraging. I haven’t read what he gave me yet, but nonetheless it was a challenge and encouragement to me.

We are thankful too that another couple from Canada, Doug & Debbie Yade, also arrived safely here on Friday the 20th. We went to a children’s meeting yesterday about an hour away and then had a meal with a lovely couple from that area and another young lady , newly saved back in February, with her daughter. She was a contact from their visits to a single mother and baby home they go to often. She heard the gospel first there and then she began coming to this children’s outreach with her daughter. All very encouraging to Edmund and Agnes and that she was reading the Bible on her own too. She seemed so very bright and even wanted to recite the Bible verse she was memorising just like the children at the meeting. Good example for the children.

 My Ukrainian teacher is an excellent teacher which is her real profession, but I am her first and she says her best Ukrainian language student.  I’m sure she says this because I’m her only Ukrianian language student for now!   She has done a lot of interpreting in Ivano Frankivsk for the believers as well and been a great help to us all in many ways.

A van load of people from Ivano Frankivsk drive a few hours and try to come every Lord’s Day so they are able to meet with the believers in L’viv.  Also, Ivano Frankivsk is where I will be going for several weeks with Eric and Margie Fowler after conference.

This week we will have much to do with preparing for conference coming up this weekend along with many other visits. Edmund has asked for prayer for preparing and that the conference would go well.
My jet lag is tapering down now and I’m hoping all will be well for us by conference time. Please pray for Doug and Debbie & Eric & Margie Fowler for adjustments to the time. With the big time difference it can take about a week to get over jet lag. Also for Lawrence McHugh (from Ireland), the brother from Slovakia, and Edmund & Agnes, Ruslan & Tanya here from L’viv, and Dan and Dema helping with the dear people from Ivano. Again, thank you very much for praying and for all the encouragement in every way. You are all appreciated very much.


Heather Anderson from USA.

No comments: