Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ukraine Spring Report #16

Report #16 for Sunday May 2nd.

It was a lovely Spring morning with the pigeons cooing outside and the trees in full leaf, I forgot to say that when I came home the other night, there was a hedgehog right under my kitchen window, walking towards the apartment door. He looked so cute but I didn’t disturb him.

Only 13 out to meeting but was very happy to have Sveta, Vadym’s wife and Amelia come for the first time.

I spoke on the Passover lamb and how it spoke so clearly of Christ the Lamb of God and what it meant when Christ said “finished” (only one word in the Ukrainian Bible), and what the rending of the veil meant.

Then Vadym spoke about Lazarus and the rich man and seemed to be well received.

We gave out seeds to the people, who were there, they seemed very happy to get them.

We then went to Vadym’s for a shishleke (Shish kebob) supper. Vadym was working on the car with another mechanic trying to fit it with shocks all round. It doesn’t look as if it will be done, everything is so rusted.

Sveta brought me home in her car and told me that she sat in her car the other night and told God she knew she was a sinner and believed in God, but she doesn’t know if anything happened. I told her the only way she will know that anything happened is to believe what the bible says. I had to leave it there but will talk later.

All for now, don’t know what tomorrow will hold for 2 reasons, one it is a holiday and everywhere will be closed and 2, will we have a car? Please pray for us.

Love in Christ.

Malcolm

No comments: