Thursday, November 28, 2013

Dan Perez #71 Monday the 11h of November Had an appointment in the morning to visit the head doctor in Ivano at the maternity hospital. As we arrived in the parking lot I notice the van felt different I looked at the front tire and it was totally flat, it was good that this happen in the parking lot. Had no time to change it then, wanted to meet with the Doctor because he is a busy man. He brought us into his office, my plans were to drop off the boxes and change the tire as soon as possible for we have two other villages to visit today. But we ended up taking longer than I thought; one of the things we talked about was abortion. He said in this hospital they do not perform this practice but said there are five clinics in Ivano that do. I stressed that this was sad, he said that this is practiced much more in the east of Ukraine. After some time we left his office he walked us to the hospital doors but outside his office door there were about ten people waiting to see him. We left some boxes with them and then started to work on the tire. We got four of the five bolts lose but the fifth one was a different size, we were able to fine a socket for it but as we were trying to loosen it the extension broke. Sasha went around the parking lot asking others if they had the right size, we finally found someone and were able to change the tire. By this time we had to cancel our appointment for the first village and dropped off the tire to get it fixed. We loaded up the van with some more boxes and headed off to the next village called Harushka. We met with the principal in the school, then with the kids; this is a small school about 170 kids. I spoke to about 50 of them and they all listened, well maybe too well, they were so very quiet. Then went to the Mayor’s office is to see if he or the assistant were there. The Mayor was away but we met the assistant and she was very happy to see us! We had some coffee and tea together and she asked if I can come again, she will get some people together to speak with them as in previous times. This was something that I was going to ask her about but she asked me. She said there are some homes that need to hear this message and perhaps I can visit them too. I told her I have no problem doing this and will call her to work out the time and date! Tuesday) Had our meeting in the new place, Yaroslav and I spoke. Before the meeting I went over words and passages with Sasha. After Sasha interprets for me we then sit together and he interprets to me while Yaroslav is preaching, this seems harder to do for most interpreters. All went well and they listened well, can only hope it is reaching their hearts too, not only their ears! Wednesday) Had a good talk with Luba , who comes to the meeting here and in fellowship at the Lviv assembly. She had question about Christian living and needed some encouragement. She said she knows no other Christians and at work others want her to go to the Orthodox Church, she needed some encouragement! Then went to visit Ivan ( the man who got his leg amputated). He has been having problems with his wife, they are now separated. She left with their two girls and is now living in Kiev. Ivan is heartbroken over this and slowly is realizing some of his wrong behavior; he did most of the talking I could see he wanted to talk to someone. He asked me since I knew his wife if I can call her and talk with her too, I told him I will. I then closed our time in prayer and told him we can come again and talk more, he liked that very much. Thursday) Sasha came before the meeting and we called Ivan’s wife Tania. She was open to talking with me and shared her side of the problems and feelings much the same way as Ivan. They are not a Christian couple and I shared with them both that God needs to be part of their marriage if they want it to work, they both think this might be true. Tania was glad that I called and said I am welcome to call again; this was good because I was thinking she may not want to talk. I then went over a few passages with Sasha before our meeting tonight. Once again the Cain and Abel in Gen. 4 took most of the meeting. There seems to be some reason to want to justify Cain’s behavior but I explain that in v7 Cain had a choice and he chose his own way rather than God’s way and said we have the same choices today. The meeting went well and then I took them all home. Continue to pray for each meeting and for this couple that they would bring God into their marriage and into their hearts! In Christ our Lord! dan

No comments: