Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dan Perez report #72

From Dan Perez. Ukraine #72 Saturday the 16th of November Had a visitor today, Roman, a 72 year old man that comes to the meetings. Roman spends most of his days just walking around town, doesn’t care much to stay at home. Though he has big problems with his hearing and knows no English he does well in communicating his thoughts and ideas. I wasn’t too clear what he wanted but then I could see he just wanted to spend time with someone. I gave him coffee and put some cookies and chocolate candy on a plate. We communicated as he ate one cookie and a little later he put the rest in his pocket. He started to hold one of the candies and then put them all in his other pocket, I did offer him something to eat but he declined. He also has problems seeing and I gave him some glasses to try on, his prescription is higher than what we normally have but before he left he took one pair that might work. Sunday) I woke up late again and called Sasha to see if he was coming to the Lviv meeting this morning and he woke up as I called but he made it to the apartment in time and six of us went to Lviv. On the way there just outside Lviv there was a van stalled in the middle of the road. One man tried to wave as he was pushing the van so I pulled over to see if I could help. They ran out of gas so I asked if I could tow them to the next gas station so I did, all went well as I did my good deed of the morning. Had a good time with the Christians there and made it back in time for our meeting. Yaroslav and I spoke, though the ride to Lviv tires us, but we all stayed awake during the meeting. Then Sasha and I went to get something to eat at a famous restaurant called Taco Bell. Monday) Called a few places in the morning to visit for the week. Then went to visit the school in Steri Lisets ( Luba’s village). We met with the Christian ethics teacher and I gave her some biblical teaching material she asked for some for her and some for the kids. She shared some of her life’s journey and we talked longer then expected and by the time we were ready to speak to the kids she came back and said most of them have already gone home so she took us to her house were we had something to eat. Her niece was there and I gave her the bag of baby clothes that Jean had pack for her. Her niece has one little boy but will be having another, it looks like any minute now. Then went to pick up Luba and her son at her mother’s house. She is 83 years old and still walks her cow and works in the garden. I asked her if she had God’s salvation, she said she did and then I asked her if she knew she was going to heaven, she said she did and that Jesus died for her. She went on to say that God gives her the strength to work in her garden and said she does not know how she can do all that she does but it all gets done and said only God could do this! Tuesday) Met with a lady that runs a some charity call Charity and Heath Foundation. It was started by the head teacher at the medical school in 1989. It is considered part of the schools charity work but now this lady is the only one that is trying to keep it going. We talked about orphanages which she knows that we have not visited and we’ll make some time to go together to these places. Had our meeting, one new man out and he and the others all listened well! Wednesday) Went to Visit Ivan (the amputee) to see how he is doing. I brought him some food and talked a little. He seems to be doing better than the last time and was very happy to see us. He told me since our last talk he has been praying and said it has helped him a lot! He started to talk about his wife but I had to switch the focus to him and his heart. He listened well to what I had to say and then ask why people talk about Jesus more than God, I said this is easy to answer, because Jesus is the only one that can bring us to God no one else can do this! He listened carefully and said I gave him things to think about, hope he does think about his salvation! Thank You for all your prayers and please continue! Dan

No comments: