Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dan's report # 74

Ukraine #74 from Dan. Wednesday the 27th of November There were more protest and hundreds of students took to the streets and started walking to the center of town where the White House is. They should all be in their classes but still pushing and hope for joining the EU. I did some errands in town in winterizing the van and in trying to make it “Ukrainian road resistant”, not an easy task! It was an all-day thing but will have to continue another day. Thursday) More protest at the White House; tomorrow is the final decision the President will make if Ukraine will join the EU. Had our evening meeting, this was the first time we had it at 6:30, some said an earlier time would work better for them and other are finishing the work at 6:00 so thought to move it a half hour earlier to meet in the middle. The meeting went well though one couple (Oleg and Olah) came at 7:00; they must have not gotten the message or just came when they could. After i had taken them all home, I heard someone at the door but ignored it. I then I heard it again and looked through the peephole and saw a drunken man so I just continue doing what I was doing, but now he is using force to try to open the door. So I then ask what he wanted but couldn’t understand him so I called Taras. The man told him he was going to the pharmacy. Taras told me told me leave him and he will go away. Ten minutes later he is doing the same thing and using force to try to open the door. I talk to him again and then walked him out the door he thanked me, then I realized he was too drunk to know how to get out of the apartment block!! Saturday) had to get winter tires for the van in the morning then went to visit Yaroslav. He has been sick all week and hasn’t been working; I wanted to see how he was doing. He didn’t look so good, I helped him with some prescriptions and left some funds for him, hope he gets better soon! Sunday) Left early to Lviv and once again was good to remember that price that was paid for us at Calvary. Today was Edmund and Agnes last meeting before they leave tomorrow for Ireland. They will be away for five weeks. This is a young gathering even though this is their third year meeting as an assembly. There are signs of growth but many struggle and still need mush prayer for God protection! Made it back for our meeting in Ivano, not many out so I thought to have a time of answering question. Some of the questions asked were, should we fear God if he is love? Why are there so many religion when there is one God? If you mean in your hart to pray to the true God would he hear your prayers? There were many good questions and I did my best to answer them! Monday) Sasha came in the morning and we made appointments to visit schools for the week. Then we visited a village called Harushka. We visited a few homes with the mayor’s assistant then met with the Mayor and had something to eat together; there we talked mostly about the happenings of the village. Then we had a gospel meeting in the small mayor’s office with the Mayor there. There were more people waiting for the meeting but had to leave and about 6 came and listened well! I was asked if I can come back tomorrow to visit more homes, I said I can! Tuesday) Headed back to Harushka in the morning with a few boxes of cloths. Each home we visited we brought cloths for them and I had time to talk to them about God’s free gift of salvation then gave them a new testament, a bible text and a calendar. When we got back to Ivano we met with a women named Lessia who comes to the meetings and she told me about some of her medical conditions that required a good diet so I took her to a supermarket call Wal-Mart, yes here too, where I bought food and prescriptions for her. We had a good talk about salvation and she could be a true believer, I encouraged her to keep coming to these meeting that we have here for her to understand more and to be strengthen. Had our evening meeting all listened well, Yaroslav is still sick so only I spoke. Lessia came out with her husband Yuri and their little son. I took them home after the meeting and had a good talk with Yuri, he is an unsaved man but said he will try to make it to the meetings, hope he does! Then bought some cleaning supplies for and orphanage we plan to visit tomorrow. Continue to pray for all meetings and visitations that God would give help and wisdom and that God would be honored and glorified!! Thank you all!! In Christ our Lord! Dan

No comments: