Friday, February 20, 2015

Dan's Report for the first Half of February 2015.

                                                            
 Dan's Report  for First Half of February.
On my last Sunday in Ivano I had my last two meetings. One was at the charity called Solidarity. There is a group of people that want to learn English and I was asked if I would like to give a gospel message because there are people interested. Though it was interpreted I could still see an interest with eyes wide open listening very carefully. After the message I asked if there was any question and there were. One asked about election, another asked about what is love, a feeling or an action; another question was about the church, if I believed in the hierarchy structure. The Lord God gave help and no one booed me or kicked me out but asked when I can come again. We then had our evening meeting and encourage the people to heed God’s warning of justice and judgment that we will incur if we do not turn to the Saviour of our souls, they listened very well!

On my last day in Ivano I visited a few more places and then cleaned up that apartment as much as I could. In the evening Sasha met me at the bus station and there we said our goodbyes. I had planned to leave later in the week but I would have gone over my 90 days, so I left earlier and it was good that I did. When we arrive at the border control I was questioned and was told that I was over my 90 days, I said this was impossible and had to show her the dates. She was a young girl who did not know much, so what can you say? All went well and I made it back to Cahul in Romania, but this time I wasn’t as fortunate as when I last left. I came back to wet and muddy roads, that meant I had to carry not only my back pack but my luggage most of the way causing my arms to be quit fatigue by the time I got to the house.
Soon after I arrived I was asked if I could speak at the dorms of the boy’s school. These boys would be in their upper teen years, and so I did. Normally Gabriel would interpret but he could not make it so Igor interpreted for me but there was one problem, he is not use to interpreting. Well, as Igor tried to interpret and I being tired tried to speak our only hope was in God putting these two together to reach the hearts and minds of the boys!                  
The following day Gabriel and I went to the University dorms to give out calendars. We got permission to go inside and then went door to door; here I thought I could practice my Romanian as I asked if they wanted a calendar. But as I asked in Romanian some answered me in English. I asked one of the girls how she knew I spoke English, hoping my Romanian accent was good but I think she was being kind as she said, I can tell.
 One girl we met was studying to be an English interpreter, I am always glad to meet them I never know when I will need their help.  As we were all talking there seemed to be some interest in having English meetings and was asked if I would be interested, I said of course! The day that was planned falls on the same day that they go to the boy’s school. So far it has been only me with the students using this girl who is studying to be an interpreter to interpret for me. Not sure how long this will go on for but if there is an interest I hope it would continue!

I have been speaking at the meetings in the Roshu assembly when I first arrived. They do listen well and I could hope for their personal growth and as an assembly to be united and true to the word of God!  But lately I haven’t been going for more than a week because I caught at cold and did not want to pass it on to the others. I seem to get sick each time I come and wonder if it’s the climate or the house, I know it’s not my food! But since I been here other complications has arisen which has caused me to get evaluated and am still in the process!

For the Payer warriors out there, please pray for the Roshu assembly, and for the outreach with the gospel in Cahul, there is surely an open door. For the gospel meeting in Ivano-Frankivsk that the brethren from the Lviv assembly have been carrying on once a week.
 For Eric and Margie Fowler who will be leaving for Ukraine next week, that their time there would be safe and prosperous! Also for my health both physically and spiritually.
 Thank You All Sooo Much!!
In Christ our Lord!

Dan

No comments: