Thursday, January 19, 2017

Dan Perez's Report for Dec 2016.

Dan Perez's report.

 During the month of December Edmund and Rulsan came from Lviv to Ivano for two Tuesdays for the meeting both Edmund and I took part. Before the meeting we met for a meal with a few others from the meeting.
In both these meetings there were a good number out and some new people, this is not always the case so it was good to see.  One of these new people was one young woman that I had invited out before but this was the first time she had come, she came with her mother. She can speak good English but is busy with work, her mother wants to learn English so she was interested in coming. I do hope that God will use His word to speak to their hearts and to all that come to these meetings!
I received a call by one of the ladies that come to the meetings about a relative of hers that needed some help, it ended up taking all day. He is an older man and has a home but his brother kicked him out for no good reason, so he has been living in the street for I think a few years.
He really needed to go to the hospital because he has been bleeding from one of his legs and it was very swollen. The hospital was one were you have to pay but  they would not take him because he smelled so very bad. When I picked him up I had to put a plastic cover over the seat sto protect it!  We look him to the sauna and asked if he could use the shower, they said he could. When he was done I bought some cheap shoes and got some clothes for him from the boxes.
I paid the lady for the shower and bought her some chocolate for allowing this man to use the shower, she did a nice thing! I did have time to talk with him about the gospel and he had some questions and listened very well.  We finally made it back to the hospital and will be there for some time, he was very thankful  for the help he received!
Another lady called me asking if I can take her friend to the doctors, she had surgery on her foot so I said I would. Heather from Wisconsin was still here and decided  to go with her to help her walk and keep her company while waiting for the Doctor. The hospital conditions are not very good and the wait could be very long plus this women speaks very little English, for Heather to want to do this was very nice and brave of her, do hope God will use that time for His glory!
Once again another lady called and invited me to a school we have visited many time which is in the village. I had two invitations to see some of the traditional holiday plays that the school was to have. The students do very well with remembering  their lines and poems. The first visit I had to cancel because the van was being repaired in the shop. The teacher was very disappointed that I could not make it and said I should try to come. She said I should really try to make it.  So the interpreter and I took the bus to the school in that village. I was able to speak to two classes before the play; they listened well and seemed to enjoy that time. There were no teachers in these classrooms so we (the interpreter and I) were like their teachers and they seemed to have preferred us over their regular teachers.
There was a priest there on both visits and we and some of the teachers had lunch together and had a good talk. We started talking about teachings of the Bible that were wrong, I had to be careful about what I said, so I focused of how some of the things other religions do is not necessarily bad but they are still in their sins and for some, Jesus sacrifice is not enough which then leaves them  still in their sins. Some did agree and the priest listened very carefully. This priest was very nice and friendly, and he was the one that drove us back to Ivano. He asked me what is the focus of our group, what teaching? I told him Salvation,  people need to know their sins can be forgiven through faith in the finished work of Christ. He liked it and said that it was very good. This was the first time a priest said to me" it was my pleasure to meet you"  and he also asked if I can pray for him and his family, he has 5 children.
The Van needed some repairs; there was a strong smell of gas that was coming through the vents. You really do not know how dependent you are on these vehicles until something goes wrong. So far all seems to have been repaired and working fine, Praise God!!
At the end of the year I bought food packages for some of those that come to the meetings, some do not come very often but they still have children. The food package would help them through the holidays so they can have a New Year's dinner. It also open doors to get to know some better and brings  Christ's Salvation message to their home! Do pray it can be used for His glory!
I DO WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR PRAYERS THIS PAST YEAR! ALL WHO HAVE SENT FUND THAT HELPED TO KEEP THIS WORK GOING ANOTHER YEAR! THOSE WHO HAVE SENT BOXES OF AID TO REACH THOSE WITH NEEDS THIS PAST YEAR, THANK YOU ALL!!

In Christ our Lord! 
Dan.

No comments: