Saturday, November 2, 2019

Catch-up Report from Malcolm from 28th to 30th October.




October 28 -30th..
Sorry for not keeping up with reports but these 3 days were made to be rest and recovery days, after the trip from Slovakia and the Conference. Edmund had taken brother and sister Andrews to Poland for their flight back home and was not back until Wednesday.
My time was spent with Ruslan getting some parts and things for his van and meeting a few different folks. Tania, Ruslan’s wife came to the apartment and washed all the sheets from the 5 beds of the men from Slovakia, while Ruslan and I were away. We then went to the bazzar that sells Matrushka dolls and all sorts of items and I bought some dolls for some who asked me to bring one home. The prices have gone up but I got a discount as I have bought things there before.
I did some studying at the apartment as they wanted me to speak on Wednesday in Lviv, before going to Ivano Frankivsk to be with Dan.

On  Tuesday I phoned and talked to Vladimir and he arranged to pick me up with his wife Svetlana and go out for supper. Vladimir was our interpreter for many years, but got married and was in Poland for a while but now they are both employed in Ivano. We had a lovely supper. The restaurants in Ukraine are amazing for quality, size of  portions and price. After supper we went to his apartment to have dessert with his mother and step father. We had a lovely time reminiscing.
He then took me home for a good night sleep.

Wednesday arrived with the weather staying very nice but gradually cooling. I packed my bags to be ready for my move to Ivano and Edmund put them in his vehicle, when he came to pick me up. This would save Daniel having to come to the apartment after meeting tonight.
We had planned to visit a bed ridden sister at home but found she had been taken to the hospital for tests. I don’t think we did anything more except visit the Conference site for Edmund to pay for the rent of the facility. Then we went to their apartment and relaxed until supper.
We went to the assembly at 7:30 and met Dan there and 3 people he had brought for the meeting. Not a great crowd out but a nice time of prayer and a short message of encouragement.
Then after a “wee” lunch we loaded up and headed back the 2 hours to Ivano So nice to have lovely roads now, it makes the journey much more enjoyable.

Good to be back in Dan’s apartment and slept very well till about 9am.  I must have been tired.
Thursday we got going late morning to go and get money changed, we got 18.30 Rhivney to the Canadian Dollar, which is very good. Dema, our interpreter here, a lovely Christian young brother, in fellowship in Lviv got the money exchanged at a better that the posted rate. We then went to eat in a very new buffet and ate in the mezzanine up a glass staircase? I must mention the fact of the amazing building projects all over Ivano and Lviv. Old building demolished and beautiful apartment and stores being built. Everyone seems to wonder where the people are to buy and live in the apartments.
We left the restaurant and went to see our old friend Oleg in the market. He was delighted to see me and greeted me as many others have with “I thought you said you would not be back?” We talked a little and only hope he will be at meeting on Sunday.
We had more shopping to do for snacks etc for the meeting tonight and then met a man who has a garage that Dan uses, and has been out to many meetings. A really nice business man. He wanted to show us his renovation, upstairs from his shop. He is making a clinic type centre where people can bring autistic patients for therapy in all areas of need, at very little cost. He says he will be at meeting on Sunday.
We headed home to prepare for the evening meeting in the new meeting room. We got there early to set up and be ready. Some were already waiting outside in the cold. This was an informal meeting with about 9 of us and I felt was very valuable. It went on for over an hour and then we had drinks and snacks.
We then got everybody in the van and took them all home.
Tired but blessed. Enough for now.
God bless and please keep praying for wisdom.
Malcolm


No comments: