Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring 2011 - Report #20

Monday, 2 of April                                                                                                                             
  This pass Thursday the 28, we had our preaching meeting, Vadym and I spoke.  Vadym read in Proverbs and also read a description of the crucifixion of Christ. I spoke on Jesus entry into Jerusalem and how he revealed himself as King to the people. About 14 out total all seem to listen very carefully!  
  On Sunday we went up to Lviv for the breaking of bread, 8 of us from Ivano-Frankivsk. The remembrance and the Fellowship are heartfelt and it is always great to make it up there! Though each time we go to Lviv I always feel like the axel will break off the van, as you may already know these roads are not in the best or should I say fair conditions!  As we got back to Ivano  for our Bible reading  there were a few waiting as we arrived and a few more came in as we were about to start,  15 total . This was a good sign, for not having meetings for two Sundays due to their Easter traditions and even now it is still being celebrated yet they came for the Bible reading. We had a good reading in John chap. 1; it was a slow start at first but picked up just a little. The meeting went very well and it is really good to see that they are showing an interest, I hope this continues!!    
    Last Friday was my first Ukrainian lesson. It was about 2hr. but after the lesson I felt brain fatigue (does anyone knows what I’m talking about?). Well, it was just the first class it may take a few more until I adjust, I hope!  
  Continue to pray for these meetings that the interest will continue and that these meetings will bear much fruit for the honor and glory of our Lord and our God!! 
Thanks much for all your prayers!!! 
In Christ our Lord
Dan  

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hello Dan, someone gave us the link to the blog- glad to hear of the work you are doing. We were getting Malcolm's updates before he left. Brent read your e-mail in prayer meeting tonight, and i think everyone prayed for you specifically. You have been especially in Anne and my prayers since Malcolm left. We do hope to get to see you for at least a few days in June... HINT! HINT! Landon misses you. I will try to send you an e-mail when I get the opportunity. Yours in prayer, Matt and Anne.