Monday, May 9, 2011

Spring 2011 - Report #21

Report # 4 from Dan.

    Monday the 8th, is another cloudy, raining and very cool day, has been for the last few days. For more than a month now every Monday has been considered a holiday and yes, this Monday is another holiday. Not sure what the day is for but I think they find any reason to make a Monday a holiday.   
    Last Thursday the 5th we had our weekday meeting, about 11 were out and once again they listened very well in spite of some distractions. Vadym had to rush back to work so after I spoke he read in Proverbs and closed in prayer and returned to work. The Thursday before just after I spoke one of the ladies wanted to ask me a question, she asked, what we can do to protect ourselves from the world. I said memorizing scriptures helps very much, she then said which ones and we looked at a few. Louse Smith and I visited her place last year, a one small room apartment. Her husband had a stroke a few years ago he is still alive but not able to work and her son goes to a university. She had similar thoughts last year; I think she is a believer and a very nice lady. Her name is Maria, I’ve been praying for her!   
    Yesterday, Sunday was mothers’ day; most of the ladies were away for our bible reading. They were slow in coming and I thought someone had canceled the meeting without telling me but thankfully that was not the case. It was a small meeting but the exciting part was every man that we hope to be at the meetings was at the bible reading at the same time; this was very, very good to see!! There were 7 total  and 5 of us were men all but one are believes and it looks like that one is searching for salvation, his name is Andre, I’ve been praying for him as well. The meeting went very well; I hope these men continue to come to the meetings!  
    The Ukrainian classes continue, the teacher is showing me how to use the genders in their grammar and using adjectives and adverbs.  She is a good teacher but Oh, how I wish I paid more attention is my English class, it just may have made learning Ukrainian a little easier, maybe?
In Christ our Lord
Dan
PS. Amelia, Vadym's 4 year old daughter has been sick for more than a week; keep this family in your prayers.

No comments: