Friday, September 21, 2012

Dan Update - Sept 14

September 14, 2012

Friday - Good to be back in Ivano, came back last night and had a good night’s rest! Started
the day with washing clothes in a old Soviet style washing machine at the apartment that has
seven cycles for cotton and as far as I know all but one washes for three hours. I am thankful for
the one which is only one hour, I did three loads which already took a long time, then did some
errands throughout the day.

Saturday) did one more wash, know the task is always finding places to hang them to dry
(no drier).

I then called some people for the meeting tomorrow; did my best in speaking to them in
Ukrainian just hope they understood me? Then Visited Oleg and had a good long talk about the
local church, many things he seems to understand but I think to myself it would be good for him
to see such a gatherings in practice, hopefully here in Ivano someday! Today was Father’s day
and everyone but Oleg’s family remembered it, so I thought it would be nice to treat him to a
Father’s day dinner.

I had to buy a new sim card for my IPhone and the young lady said it was easy to activate, it
wasn’t as easy as the young lady said! After exhausting all my patience I decided to call Tarras, a
young man that works as a guide at the government building. He was very willing to help and
came right away but he too was having the same problem as I was, but knowing the Ukrainian
language he got it activated. This phone is amazing and works great out here and excellent for
translating languages, thanks to the Corduan family! Well Tarras and I had a good long talk
about the Gospel, he was very active in the conversation and listened very well , he is definitely
searching! After a few hours he left on very good terms, Praise God!!

Sunday) Got ready for meeting this afternoon. Svetlana may not make it today so will be
using Maria for interpreting. She is an English teacher in one of the local schools in town and
has been used before by some of the others who came to Ukraine. She came early so we could
look at some of the passages of scripture, but as she came to the door others were there also.
As she and I were talking about the passages, one of the ladies said why are we not starting the
meeting, I told her the meeting starts at 3:30 she said no at 3:00. Then I realized they had not
understood my Ukrainian accent, I guess my 3:30 sounded like 3:00.

I called only about five people and more than 15 were at the meeting, I was very surprised and
felt it was a good sign!

Monday) had an appointment at the auto repair shop (they call it here CTO) to drop off
the van for them to check the valve cover and clean the engine. They said would take all day
and will call me when it was ready. I then met with Svetlana and we looked for new schools and
orphanages and did find a few to call. I then I got the call that the van was ready to pick up.
Then Oleg and I went to his garage to pick up some of the boxes that we kept there. We took
about half and came back to the apartment. Sorting them out always makes for a late night!!

Tuesday) had another meeting today and used Svetlana to interpret, this would be the first
time she interpreted in over a month and she did well. Not as many out this time but was very glad to see Tarras there!! They all seemed to listen well even Tarras. After the meeting he
stayed behind and we had another very good talk about the gospel! During our talk he asked a
question in a very somber tone “how can I be saved?”. These are words that bring great delight
to any Christian’s ears! He knows more of the Bible than most Ukrainian people and seems to
think salvation is far away but I told him that he does not have to wait any longer for God has
brought salvation near to all men and says today, now is the day of Salvation(2Cor.5:2). He
thanked me for taking the time to talk with him and said it was very helpful!

Please pray for this young man Tarras, I truly believe he is at the door and that he will fully
trust in Christ alone for his salvation! Also for the local meetings and planning for the visitations
with the schools and orphanages! Thank You!!

IN CHRIST OUR LORD!

Dan

No comments: