Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dan Update - Sept 19

September 19, 2012

#53

Wednesday) Left early morning to a town called Vinnitsa, it is a larger town than
Ivano-Frankivsk but smaller than Lviv. It took five hours to get there and I stayed for a few days.
I was invited to a conference that was being held there that deals with Emmaus Bible study
materials for adults and children in the Eastern European countries. Half of the group were
from Ukraine the other half were from Moldova, Belarus and Russia. The key speaker was from
Russia and spoke on the development and difficulties of the evangelical movement in Russia
and Ukraine. They told me there would be someone there to interpret the messages for me but
when I got there they were hard pressed to find someone who was not too embarrass to make
a few mistakes with their English grammar. In spite of this language barrier the time there went
very well!!

Sunday was the first day back from Vinnitsa and got ready for the afternoon meeting.
It was good to see the two young girls out at the meeting, Maria and Tania. There was some
talk that started before the meeting about voting. It is also voting season here and I was asked
if is it right for Christians to vote, well I just gave them the two points of view and let them
answer this question for themselves. Though some were tired at the meeting and one fell
asleep, the others listened very well I thought. One lady even thanked me on the way out and
said it was a good topic, which was nice.

After the meeting Oleg and Olah invited me to their home to help in making dinner. Oleg and I
made chicken with rice and carrots with some raisins. I thought it came out very good, though
took longer than I would like. We ate late, we talked till late in the evening and it was a late
night but a very good time!!

Monday) In the morning Meest came with some boxes that came from New Harbour
Canada. A big thank you to them for their care!! Then made some appointments to visit some
school this week; after dinner I started the sorting process with the boxes.

I then got a call back from Tarras, he said he was busy early at the time I called him and he
asked if we can go to the park and exercise, so we did. As we were walking back to our homes
we talked a little more about salvation, he is still interested and still searching, I hope this
continue to grow!!

Tuesday) sorted more of the boxes and had to get the apartment ready for meeting
tonight. Had to stick some of the boxes in the kitchen for lack of space in the bedroom where
most of the boxes are. It is a small apartment and does create a problem. This is a good
problem to have, that people from the other side of the world would care so much as to send
these boxes and help in this way; as well as in other ways. It is a great blessing to many people
here!

We had a good meeting, the people listened well and I found out that some want to start again
the Saturdays singing, where we got together to learn and practice new hymns. We’ll see what
happens when the others arrive.

Do plan on visiting some places this week and some new places, would ask for prayer with this
visits and for Tarras! Thank You!

IN CHRIST OUR LORD!

Dan

No comments: