Friday, September 21, 2012

Dan Update - Sept 9

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Sunday I headed up to Lviv in the morning but just before I got to Volodia’s apartment I made
a wrong tune and though I knew I was only blocks away. I could not find his apartment and was
in so much of a hurry so not to be late for the meeting I couldn’t focus on reading the street
names. So I stopped one lady walking by to ask her if she can tell Volodia over the phone what
street I was on. She looked at me as if I had three heads and walked away. Some other people
that I stopped took me as their own family and even came in the van to take me where Volodia
was. We then picked up another family for the meeting.

The meeting was small and sweet and in the presence of The Lord!! After the meeting Volodia
and I went back to the airport to see if there was any information about my luggage, they told
me that my luggage will be in tomorrow, this was good to hear!

I spent the night at Volodia’s. His mother has been working in Russia for the past three
months and will go back in two weeks for another three months. She was coming into Lviv on
train, after a 24 hour train ride. We met her at the station and they both were very happy to
see each other! We then went back to the airport to pick up my luggage and once again no
luggage! They told me that my luggage somehow went to Moscow but was sent back to Vienna
and that is where they lost track of it, well at least they apologized. Spent some time with
Volodia and his mother and spent another night there.

I feel like nothing will get done in Ivano, I have spent most of my time in Lviv , though the time
has been well spent I do feel a need to be in Ivano!

Tuesday) we all decided to go to Ivano where much cleaning and sorting out the boxes
needed to be done, so to Ivano we went. I had been hearing much squeaking as the brakes are
pressed with the van so I went to the place we go for the van to check the brakes while Volodia
and his mother(Olah) stayed at the apartment. At the shop they told me it will take one hour to
change the brakes so I thought I’d wait but it was almost three hours later before I left. Got
back and we all went out for something to eat and to show Olah Ivano. This was her first time in
this town. Went back to the apartment and sorted boxes for the rest of the evening.

Wednesday morning I had made another appointment at the shop to check the engine,
there was oil coming from some valve and spraying the engine. They said it would take three
hours so I dropped it off. Then they called and said it would take at the least one full day, so I
went back to pick up the van for we were going back to Lviv and will try to make it for the
prayer meeting tonight. While I was away to and from the shop Olah and Volodia did a lot of
the cleaning and dusting and wash things, this was a big help!! We left for Lviv and Volodia and
I made it just after they started the meeting,

It was good to see Edmund and Agnes back from Ireland. After the meeting Volodia and Olah
compelled me to stay another night in Lviv and so I did.

Thursday we did some things in Lviv, met and had coffee with a friend of theirs at a place
where they make all kinds of chocolate and they also wrap them there. It was four floors, each
floor had glass to see the production and a place to eat.

Before I left Lviv I thought I would go to the airport once again but once again no luggage. Had
plan to leave but Volodia and his mother asked if I would take them to the store and while
there guess what, the airport called and said my luggage was there, we hurried through the
store to see if it was true and I couldn’t believe it, it was true! Was happy that I stayed in Lviv a
little longer before leaving to Ivano!

Had a good time with Volodia and his mother Olah and some good serious talks! Pray for
them both and Oleg her husband how works in Poland for God to guide this family and for
spiritual growth and protection!!

IN CHRIST OUR LORD!!

Dan

No comments: