Friday, May 31, 2013

Dan's Report No 5

Dan #5 Report
Monday 13th of May 2013) 
I did some errands in the morning then made a visit with one of the ladies and her son that come to the meetings. I had a good visit as we talked about our health; many here are on some kind of medication and there is always a need for prescription drugs though I am not in support of all these prescriptions that they take. I do know some are very important for maintaining  some measure of health. We also talked about spiritual things and I left them as I did with some others with this question, what will you do with Jesus?
I then sorted some boxes with Svetlana in the evening. On Sunday Yaroslav told us that his son’s wife had a baby girl last night, we all congratulated him!
Tuesday we had our evening meeting, Yaroslav and I spoke. It went well and all listened well. It was also good to see Andrei out, this was the first time I had seen him since I got back; he was the father in-law of Vadym our old interpreter.
Wednesday)  I went to visit Andrei at his work, he left right after the meeting and I didn’t get time to talk with him last night.  He told me he was in the hospital for ten days and found out two things, he needs an operation and he has diabetes. He needs to take some pills for his diabetes and is not very happy about it. He thought this was the worst thing that can happen to him but then he told me that in the bed next to him was a man that was in worst condition and he thought to himself that what he had was not that bad after all.
Today I meet with Andrei at the charity, for the first day of his English class after their Easter celebration. We waited ten minute after the time and no one came so he went to plan B and I had a Ukrainian lesson, my first one since I got back.
Thursday)   Visited a lady named Maria. She has serious diabetes and cannot walk too well or for long but this never stops her from cooking something when we visit her. I always tell her not to cook for me but she just says “ sit and eat”. Then we went to visit Vitalic (Yaroslav’s son) and his wife Mariana at the hospital and saw their new baby girl. I talked with them about the importance of having a child and that it was their greatest investment with eternal consequences. Then we talked about God’s plan of salvation. They listened very carefully and can see somehow that the Lord was speaking to their hearts!
Then we had our new Thursday meeting. It was small again, just five of us and this time the whole meeting was spoken in English with no interpretation. At this meeting we talked about God’s love that all the peoples of the world experience while here on earth and the love of God that fewer people will experience that comes through the way of the Cross, one is temporal and the other eternal. They once again listened very carefully and the meeting went  very well, with all  thanks to our great God!
Friday)   I did some errands in the morning then got the van read to go to Lviv. The van will be traded in for another van that is a couple of years newer. Had plans to meet with Edmond and Agnes before meeting but left Ivano later than expected so will go straight to the hall. There were some improvements on the road but still took over two and a half hour drive.  A good number out to the bible reading, they are in John 17, The High Priestly Prayer of Jesus. Many good things were brought out. One of the things in the prayer is the Unity that Jesus prayed for in his church(people). I would hope that unity would be as important to each one of us that are part of his church as it was to our Lord!

Please continue to pray, Than You All!
In Christ our Lord
Dan

No comments: