Friday, May 31, 2013

Dan's Report No 6

Dan’s report #6
Saturday the 18th of May
I will be staying in Lviv for the weekend with Edmund and Agnes in hopes that all the paper work that needs to be done for the new van will be ready by the time I leave Sunday afternoon. Had a good day spent with Edmund and Agnes then we all went out for dinner with Misha, one of the elders in Lviv. 

Sunday.  Met with the Christian for the remembrance of our Lord and as always I can say it was a blessing! The van was not ready so will try later this week to make the trade. Headed back to Ivano with Yaroslav and Luba, they took the three hour bus ride to be at the meeting.  This is not the first time, they have been coming to the meetings on a regular basis when we are not here. On the way to Ivano the exhaust pipe started to drag so I pulled over and had to re- attach the pipe to the brackets, this is the second time this happen and last time Svetlana helped in her white dress, I thought she was quite the mechanic.  Made it in time for our meeting, Yaroslav and I spoke and all listened well. After the meeting went with Oleg and Ola for dinner again, this is their usual tradition on Sundays, we had a good time.

Monday.  Visited Antonina, her son Victor was not there. I went to drop off the prescriptions to her. As we started to talk she said to me I have the answer, I said what answer? She said the one you told me to think about, what will you do with God ( not quite what I said). She said to glorify God and keep the commandments. I told her that was good. She asked if it was wrong. I said not completely and shared God’s plan of salvation with her. She listened well and hope it can speak to her heart!.
Then met with a family that comes to the meetings and had a long talk about salvation. Mikilo    (the husband) asked questions, like how do you know if the bible’s origins are true, I would try to explain then he would ask, how do you know the writers were true, then he would ask how do you know if the translation was true. I did what I could to make it understandable, maybe it helped? They then asked for help to buy a tester that measures your blood sugar level.
Tuesday.  Had our meeting today and it went well.  After the meeting boxes came in with two wheel chairs and two walkers from Lance-Au-Loup, a thank you to them for their care! 

Wednesday. Made a visit with Luba to see that young lady in the institution for the mentally ill here in Ivano.  While there the head doctor seem interested in us so I ask to talked to her and she welcome us into her office.  We talked about the young lady and had a mutual interest in wanting to help her. There is a lot of red tape that makes it difficult for her to get help but her mother might just be the biggest problem. After talking to the doctor we had a good talk with the young lady and gave her a few more bible materials and a hymn book. She use to come regularly when we had the time when we practiced singing hymns and enjoyed very much. I hope this will help her while she is in there to look to God and trust in his salvation plan!    Please continue to pray, much help is needed in our visitations and in each of our local meetings,
Thank You!!! In Christ our Lord,
Dan

No comments: