Wednesday, October 23, 2019

#1 Malcolm's first report on visit to Slovakia and Ukraine.

 Malcolm’s Report from Slovakia October 2019 #1
Paul, my son drove us to the airport.
I arrived in good time at the airport on Sunday the 20th . My flight was not till 4.40 pm so I was able to be home for the assembly meetings in the morning.
As I sat waiting, I was called to the counter to be told they had changed the type of plane and they had changed my seat number to 28F, which was quite fine with me. We boarded and I got to row 28 only to find there was no  28 DE or F, only a toilet?? All around laughed as I contemplated beginning my flight seated in the toilet. However, an understanding flight attendant gave me a choice of any of the open seats, and I settled in an Exit row with lots of leg room. Thank you Lord. However, as we began to unload in Toronto, with the gangway full of people, all the doors locked and the airport went into “lock down”. After standing for about 10 or 15 minutes, the door opened and we were allowed off. However the airport was still in lock down, so none of us could get to our departure gates for another 15 minutes. Thankfully I had lots of time.
All went well after that in Toronto and we eventually got away on LOT air headed for Warsaw. Want to say, LOT is an amazing airline, with a Dreamliner and amazing food with a most courteous crew. We were held up from starting on time because of a problem with some ticket of a passenger already on board. Anyway we were 30 minutes lat into Warsaw and many people missed their connections.
This was then the most boring part of the trip with so long to wait for my flight to Vienna. Even with my wait at the posted gate, I had to rush to the actual gate that had been changed as I waited. Even though this was only a one hour and 25 minute flight we were given a lovely sweet bun, a chocolate crisp bar and a beverage. Wake up Canadian airlines, things cant be that tough that not even a cookie?
Well was met by a brother Stano and driven 3 hours to Daniel Mojzes home in Zvolen. Very comfortable room with private bathroom etc. Had great sleep, even though I slept on the long flight. Enough for flight etc, now down to business, but later.
Malcolm
Please Pray, Pray and Pray.

No comments: