Sunday, October 27, 2019

#3 report for Slovakia



#3 Malcolm report from Slovakia.

7 am breakfast, just like home, toast a peanut butter and homemade jam, plus juice and coffee. I don’t need it any better than this.

Headed out with Daniel to his school of approximately 800 senior students. I will tell a little about this school as it is rather unique in many ways. I think we would call this more of a Community College. They are generally training student in different areas of a vocation. Classes in the service industry, the travel industry, business admin. Etc and etc.
I spoke with 5 classes of approximately 10 -20 students in each class. They were at several levels of understanding English. Most teachers understood some English, as long as I spoke slowly, which is quite a challenge to me, but became easier as the day went on.
What followed after school, at noon, was to me the thrill of the day. Daniel and I went to eat lunch in the town centre. He pointed out a pale blue building and said we were going to eat there. It was an hotel, with a restaurant on the ground floor, all owned by the school we had spent the morning in. The whole hotel and restaurant is operated by senior students, from the kitchen to the dining room, under the direction of adult supervisors.
The restaurant was immaculate, waiters and waitresses serving people from the hotel and walk in customers. A full menu excellent food preparation etc etc.
We left there and walked a little way to the castle in this town. I told Daniel I was still suffering from the stairs in the last castle so only wanted to see the exterior. He obliged and we walked around it but even then I was very weary as we still had to climb up to the walls, but I will say, the country really preserves their heritage.
We went home and had a lovely siesta before having a supper of lamb and the trimmings. Then it was time for a gospel meeting in the Gospel Hall attached and built against Daniels home, by his father. Daniel was pleased to see 3 ex students come to the meeting and this made it very easy to preach the gospel. I preached and Daniel interpreted. The lovely hall was full to overflowing.

 After meeting the 3 students went home with Daniel for supper and I went home with a young couple Jacob and Katka who have  2 little ones, and visited with them until 10:30pm, I had met them both before at the Lviv conference years ago. Then I headed home to a welcome sleep.
One more day until we head for Lviv Ukraine Conference, that starts on Friday pm.
Trust you enjoy the travelogue today.
Malcolm.


No comments: